As a church, we are embarking on a journey of gratitude throughout 2018. We want to invite you to join us as well. In her book, The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown explains, “It seems that gratitude without practice may be a little like faith without works- it’s not alive.”
There are many ways to begin:
- Try journaling once a day by writing down one to three things you are thankful for. There are physical, mental and spiritual benefits for journaling once a day.
- Start a practice of meditation or daily prayer.
- When you are feeling stressed or busy say out loud, "I am thankful for _____."
Here are some other great resources to learn how to practice gratitude.
- Brother David Steindl-Rast's Ted Talk Video: Want to be happy? Be grateful Video
- Check out Brother David Steindl-Rast's website: https://gratefulness.org
- Brene Brown's book, The Gifts of Imperfection https://www.amazon.com/Gifts-Imperfection-Think-Supposed-Embrace-ebook/dp/B00BS03LL6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1515020673&sr=1-1&keywords=the+gifts+of+imperfection+by+brene+brown
- For how gratitude can help you through difficult times check out Sheryl Sandberg's book Option B. https://www.amazon.com/Option-Adversity-Building-Resilience-Finding-ebook/dp/B01N8R5QD7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515020586&sr=8-1&keywords=option+b