Before We Go Information
- Meet at church parking lot for all hikes.
- Please contact Michele (206-455-1904 email@example.com) or Pam (253-709-8449 firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to hike or change plans.
- All hikes are pet friendly (leash and scoop) with the exception of Melmont Ghost Town hike. Please be prepared to drive your car if you bring a pet.
- Sharing the driving duty is much appreciated.
- Please offer the driver reimbursement gas money.
- Bring park passes if you have them. No need to buy. Usually someone in group has one.
- Download the All Trails app for more information.
Meet at Church at 9:30 a.m. This is a moderate hike through lush forest. The waterfall, which flows strong in the spring, should be passable. Length is 3.9 miles.
NW Forest Pass is required for all cars.
Hike is cancelled at the present time. We may schedule it later in summer.
Meet at Church at 12:30 p.m. Hike includes a ferry ride from Pt. Defiance to Tahlequah on Vashon. The Park contains 2 acres of saltwater shoreline and 40 acres of upland forest (of which we will hike about 3 to 4 miles). The adventure includes a stop at the Vashon Island Coffee Roastery for coffee or ice cream following the hike. Expect to return around 5-5:30 p.m.
Meet at Church at 9:00 a.m. This is an easy hike through new/old forest - 6.5 miles round trip. There is a picnic table at the falls. You may be sharing the trail with horses.
Discover Pass required.
Meet at Church at 12:30 p.m. One option is to hike Priest Point Park which is a forested easy to moderate hike with access to Ellis Cove and Budd Inlet. Or traverse around (or partially around) Capitol Lake on an asphalt surface. This outing includes a stop at the Olympia Farmers Market after the hike for a unique shopping experience. Expect to return around 5 p.m.
Discover Pass required.
Meet at Church at 9:00 a.m. This is an easy exploratory hike to the remnants of an old coal mining town. You will traverse through forest and meadow and see great views of the White River. The trail can be muddy so bring extra shoes and socks. At the start of the trail you will go down a hill at the side of the bridge. A cable is mounted to help. Hike is 6 miles.
NW Forest Pass required.
Meet at Church at 12:30 p.m. This hike is a relatively flat nature walk through forest, rocky outcrop and bog. We have an option of hiking up to Echo Peak and getting a beautiful view of Mt Rainier. It is 396 ft elevation gain, mostly following an unpaved road. Will hike up to 5 miles.
Unfortunately, the hike was cancelled due to rain.
Meet at Church at 12:30 p.m. This is an easy hike down through a forested canyon to a pebbled beach with views of Puget Sound and mountains. Hike is 3 miles.